Conference Organizer: ELSI Congress
Monday 5th-Wednesday 7th June 2017
The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine and UConn Health, 10 Discovery Drive
Farmington, CT USA 06032
This 4th ELSI Congress is the latest in a series of major conferences for researchers and others interested in the ethical, legal and social implications (ELSI) of genomic research. With keynote speakers, plenary panels, workshops, and a wide range of paper, panel, and poster presentations, the Congress will provide an opportunity for scholars to reflect on current research and to envision future directions for ELSI research. The Congress seeks the engagement of researchers and students from inside and outside academia, from multiple disciplines and professions, and from the U.S. and other countries.
Topics for keynote and plenary sessions include:
- The Evolution and Future of ELSI Research
- Synthesizing the Human Genome
- Ethical, Legal and Social Implications of the Precision Medicine Initiative
- Genome Sequencing Enters the Clinic
- Genes, Ancestry and Identity
Featured Speakers include:
- Eric Dishman, Keynote Speaker, Director, NIH Precision Medicine Initiative Cohort Program
- Alondra Nelson, Professor, Dean of Social Science, Columbia University
- Wylie Burke, Professor, Department of Bioethics and Humanities, University of Washington.
- James Evans, Bryson Distinguished Professor of Genetics and Medicine, University of North Carolina
- Pearl O’Rourke, Director of Human Research Affairs at Partners HealthCare Systems in Boston, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
For more information, please check the seminar website.